Thursday 23 December 2010

Not quite yesterday...

I had another days snowboarding today. Wasn't quite up to the same standards as yesterday though.

Originally a gang of us were going to check out what Mynydd Mawr has to offer in terms of snow, but due to plague, broken boilers and dogs needing lunch (yes, lunch......), Nikki, James, Jon and myself had to settle for a north Wales alpine start, and left the house at quarter to 1. With not much light left we went up to the Marchlyn reservoir road. The wind seemed to have stripped a lot of the snow away from this hillside though which was quite disappointing, but we quested on anyway.

Jon was unsure if he was going to die trekking up from plague. Sadly, he made it. It wasn't too bad trekking up, well in comparison to yesterday nothing ever could be mind you. We only went up the road and then up to the little Col beneath Carnedd y Filiast. Little else seemed much cop for descending.



The run down was ok. Unfortunately the light was very flat on the best snow down from the col. On the road the snow was ok but its not very steep so was quite slow. Especially with all the gauges out the board from the past few days. All in all definitely worth while, but nothing on yesterday.



Meanwhile, sounds like climbing is good around here. I hadn't really considered it thinking it would be horrific with a load of snow about but I hear Idwal is in brilliant nik. I have a few ideas of some routes I hope to be in for the next few days. I still have my hopes up that I was the last person on a certain route last year, where my bulldog hopefully remains, so I want to go and get that bugger back soon! Before it gets pikeyed by someone.

I need ot go shopping tomorrow. I cant believe it. The weather will be good again too. Maybe get a roadside ice route done though, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment?