Wednesday 5 January 2011

Underground

I needed a bit of a rest day today as my legs were getting wrecked. So when Gareth and Dave asked if I wanted to join them in going mining I thought why not? The weather for climbing was not up to much today, and mining isn't half as physical.

Gareth's nervous smile, could be crushed alive instantly
We went down to a few mines around Carreg Llanfrothen. Pretty interesting places, some really cool formations, especially bright blue copper sulphate. A few really sketchy crawls under stacked rock and climbing over God knows how old false floors. Mine exploration is always interesting, its nice to get out at the end too.

Dave 'Devil Eyes' Barnard carefully downclimbing
I popped into V12 in the afternoon and bought some CAMP Tri cams after using Jims yesterday. They are amazing! Not cheap though! £65.00 for 4 of them!!! Cheaper then friends though and better in icy stuff.

It's getting good and cold again tomorrow. I think I will be visiting the Trinities yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment?