Thursday 10 March 2011

Sleeping on the Beach

I was woken at 9 on Sunday morning by an intruder in the house. It was DMM Ben, and his super psyche. He came to tell us he was going out bouldering to Porth Ysgo. He was heading down there for about 10 or so. I didn't want to go that early though as I had a few things to do around the house. Then I looked out the window. 

My plans changed. I wanted to get out right away into the amazing sun! I decided I was going to ride over Moel Eilio, over the ridge and then descend down Telegraph Valley. A tried phoning a few people but no one was free and I wasn't going to hang about (I still wanted to go to Porth Ysgo at 11). So kitted up in shorts and t-shirt, threw the bike in the car and drove up to Cefn Ddu. It was quite a slog at time but the views were stunning (its one of the best mountains for views), and the descents were super fast. I got back home at ten past 11. Out for an hour and a quarter. 

Ben on some highball V1
I then met Jen and Jim and we headed down to Porth Ysgo. Where it wasn't as warm as we expected. I had never been there before either. I must admit the approach down that grassy death slope was pretty scary. Once down there though we met Ben, Haf, Martin and his kids. Started off on some easyish problems. Its very rough down there. 

Jim on the difficult problem
We did a number of problems. I don't know any of the names as we had no guide book. But the other guys knew good ones to point me at. At one point when Jim and Ben were working this hard problem, I actually fell asleep in the sun, for quite a while too I think. It was just one of those types of days, super chilled out. 

This one called popcorn....I couldn't do it. next time
We had to call it a day as everyone's fingers were screaming by the end of it. Was really nice though, although I'm not a fan of bouldering at all, I can see myself going there again sometime. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment?